Recruit, Train & Retain Skilled Workers
Registered Apprenticeship is an employer-driven model that combines on-the-job learning with related classroom instruction that increases an apprentice’s skill level and wages. It is a proven solution for businesses to recruit, train, and retain highly skilled workers. Apprenticeship is a flexible training strategy that can be customized to meet the needs of every business. It can be integrated into current training and human resource development strategies. Apprentices can be new hires – or businesses can select current employees to join the apprenticeship program. Apprenticeships are a good way to reward high-performing entry-level employees and move them up the career ladder within the business. Apprenticeship is also an “earn and learn” model – apprentices receive a paycheck from day one, so they earn wages while they learn on the job.
- DOL Apprenticeship Toolkit: http://www.doleta.gov/oa/employers/apprenticeship_toolkit.pdf
- MN Department of Labor and Industry Website: http://www.dli.mn.gov/Appr.asp
- NIMS Apprenticeship Model: https://www.nims-skills.org/c/document_library/get_file?folderId=383670&name=DLFE-7001.pdf folderId=383670&name=DLFE-7001.pdf
- Mechatronic Work Process List: http://doleta.gov/oa/pdf/work_process_schedule_07.pdf
- Federal Resources Handbook for Apprenticeships: http://doleta.gov/oa/federalresources/playbook.pdf
- Employer’s Playbook for Building Apprenticeships: http://doleta.gov/oa/employers/playbook.pdf