High-Quality Training At the Workplace
What is +Connect?
+Connect offers a series of training courses led by live instructors through online video conferencing technology. This technology – sometimes referred to as telepresence – provides participants with the sense of being present in a classroom with the instructor and other students without ever having to leave their job site.
Who is +Connect for?
+Connect is ideal for incumbent workers and those in apprenticeship or dual-training programs.
Why is +Connect beneficial?
- Delivers affordable, high-quality instructor-led trainings
- Offers short-term courses that can be taken from any location, including the job site
- Provides the opportunity to train current employees to meet the skills gap
- Offers courses that lead to academic and industry-related credentials
- Courses combine participants from a number of companies, allowing more flexibility and a variety of trainings to directly meet employer needs
Where do courses take place?
Connect from anywhere, including the job site, using a computer or video system. For more details, view the +Connect Equipment and Setup Manual.
How much does it cost?
$99 for manufacturing-related courses* and competitive pricing for all other courses, plus the cost of required books and materials.
*$99 courses are funded by the MnAMP grant and require the completion of intake paperwork.
Which courses are offered through +Connect?
View the +Connect Course Descriptions to learn about the courses currently offered through +Connect. You may also refer to the +Connect Course Competencies, which lists the topics covered and outcomes to expect from each course. Courses are scheduled based on employer demand, and the +Connect platform can be used to run any type of training that your company needs.
What are employers saying about +Connect?
- “The instructor was very helpful and approachable. The class was filled with useful ideas that I can actually use in my job. I actually look forward to attending future classes to see what other helpful ideas they have to offer. I would definitely suggest this to others as it is very informative and corresponds well into a manufacturing setting.”
- Chad Beto, Quality Coordinator/Associate, St. Cloud Window
- “[The employees are] more engaged and conscientious after taking classes. It’s nice to see the transformation. You can see that they take additional pride in their work after their additional learning.”
- Adam Peterson, Production Manager, Wyoming Machine
- “I initially enrolled in class…to understand the content of the programs. I wanted to make sure the next group of our employees would be getting an education that would have a payback for both themselves and our company. So far the classes have exceeded my expectations.”
- Brian Burley, President, Tooling Science
- “I think for low skilled employees, in addition to improving job knowledge and skills, it helps to build confidence. Many people are surprised to learn that they can be successful taking college courses.”
- Traci Tapani, Co-President, Wyoming Machine
For More Information and To Register
Contact a participating Minnesota State college near you and ask about +Connect!
West Central MN: