High-Quality Training at the Workplace
What is +Connect?
+Connect is a collaborative training program offered by customized training/continuing education centers at participating Minnesota State colleges. The +Connect hybrid course model combines live course instruction through video conferencing technology with an online learning management portal for additional coursework outside of class.
Who is +Connect for?
+Connect was developed to train incumbent workers and those in apprenticeship or dual-training programs, but any adult learner is welcome to participate.
Where do courses take place?
Participants can connect to the virtual classroom for live course instruction from anywhere--including the job site--using a computer, tablet, or mobile device with an internet connection, webcam, and microphone. For more details, view the +Connect Equipment and Setup Manual.
Which courses are offered through +Connect?
View the +Connect Course Descriptions to learn about the courses currently offered through +Connect. You may also refer to the +Connect Course Outcomes, which lists the topics covered and outcomes to expect from each course. Courses are scheduled based on employer demand, and the +Connect model can be used to run any type of training that your company needs.
How much do +Connect courses cost?
Course costs vary depending on the length of the course. A 16-hour/2-credit course costs $244, plus the cost of required books and materials.
What are the benefits of +Connect?
- +Connect provides a convenient and affordable way to upskill current employees.
- Short-term sessions provide high-quality training in 8 weeks or less.
- Many +Connect courses offer a choice of taking the course for closed credit or non-credit, making +Connect the ideal pathway to academic or industry credentials.
What are employers saying about +Connect?
- “The instructor was very helpful and approachable. The class was filled with useful ideas that I can actually use in my job. I actually look forward to attending future classes to see what other helpful ideas they have to offer. I would definitely suggest this to others as it is very informative and corresponds well into a manufacturing setting.”
- Chad Beto, Quality Coordinator/Associate, St. Cloud Window
- “[The employees are] more engaged and conscientious after taking classes. It’s nice to see the transformation. You can see that they take additional pride in their work after their additional learning.”
- Adam Peterson, Production Manager, Wyoming Machine
- “I initially enrolled in class…to understand the content of the programs. I wanted to make sure the next group of our employees would be getting an education that would have a payback for both themselves and our company. So far the classes have exceeded my expectations.”
- Brian Burley, President, Tooling Science
For More Information and To Register
Contact a participating Minnesota State college near you and ask about +Connect!
West Central MN: